13 July 2007

Lost Pictures!

Oh Woe is me. I was recently attempting to back up all of the pictures from the computer and the little memory cards from our camera because our computer has been really messed up for months. It has taken us a while because the computer forgot it had a CD Rom drive along with its other problems so we took some time figuring out how we wanted to back up those files before resetting the entire system. We almost got an external hard drive and now I really wish we had. (Disaster recovery is possible on magnetic media: impossible with Flash media, because Flash, it's gone!) We went with what seemed more sensible at the time; flash media as it was less expensive and I was looking for a quick fix and not long term storage.

Well to make a long story, full of anguish, short; we lost a LOT of pictures. We had a very large card in our digital camera in which we have been taking pictures of Morgan, oh since January. I attempted to sort some of those into categories but decided to leave the month by month sorting for later. Somehow in the process of trying to move and organize the images, the computer decided to forget large chunks of apparently random images from that card!

Among the things lost were pictures of Morgan in an old fashioned steam engine in Lancaster County and related pictures from that trip with visiting relatives. There were pictures of Morgan's visit to our friend David's sculpture show down in Annapolis. There were a couple of great pictures of Morgan in a bubble bath with Dad, though I might have kept those to myself.

While there are a few pictures to share between January and July, these postings will be sparse and full of saddness for me, remembering some of the really great pictures I lost. On the bright side, the subject is still intact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home